Anyway, one wonderful thing I found through all my internet research (What would I do without the internet??) is the website Sisters By Heart. They are a group of HLHS heart moms who keep a blog and send care packages to support families with HLHS babies. I sent in a request for a care package a few weeks ago and didn't tell Jeff. I wanted to surprise him with something thoughtful, I guess. The package came on Friday and it was so much fun to open. They did a wonderful thing and put a small note on each item explaining why it may be helpful in the future. We loved it. It was wonderful!
Here's a list of what was inside...
- Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets - I've heard amazing things about these. I'm so excited to start using them!
- A homemade flannel blanket - Super cute and very thoughtful.
- Hand sanitizer and moisturizer - Necessary to keep germs away.
- Car seat sign - It says, "Please wash your hands before touching mine." This can be used once we finally get to take him out of the hospital and/or house.
- Sisters By Heart Pen
- a heart ring - for mom
- a deck of cards - for dad to keep busy during long hours in the hospital
- ZoLi bottles - I don't know much about these, but apparetly they are environmentally friendly.
- canvas bag - A huge, nice bag that everything came in.
- Sisters By Heart Notebook
- Baby Legs - I've heard these are great for keeping your baby "dressed" in the hospital, but not interfering with all the cords, tubes, and diaper changes.
- EZ AXS Hospital Gown - This has snaps in front and on each shoulder which can be opened to allow easy access to the baby's chest.
- Zutano Side-Snap Onesie - I've heard these are great because the snaps allow tubes to easily fit through (in case he has to come home on oxygen or a feeding tube) and the snaps are on the sides instead of in front so it does not irritate chest scars. Plus, this one is super cute!
Thanks so much Sisters By Heart!!!